Retail Sales Associate
Women’s clothing boutique is seeking a retail sales associate for our downtown Castle Rock, CO store. This individual must take pride in their work and be professional, personable, and responsible. We are looking for someone who will have a high level of loyalty to our company and a passion for working with both our products and a variety of types of people. The successful candidate must be able to work well with people and provide high levels of customer service as well as be tactful and helpful to customers in selling fashion products. Additionally, this person must be capable of working with merchandise, including moving/lifting merchandise and reaching for merchandise stored in high and low places. The associate’s schedule must be flexible and have availability to work some evenings and at least two Saturdays a month.
- Sell apparel, accessory, and gift products in-store while providing customers with an enjoyable experience and high levels of customer service.
- Assist customers with shopping, such as, personal styling, answering questions, locating items in-store, assisting them while trying on merchandise, etc.
- Be knowledgeable about the product offering, including brand details, sizing details, quality, etc.
- Complete purchases by having customers sign up for an account, make notes regarding customer shopping habits, wrap/bag purchases.
- Accept payments from customers, including cash handling and credit card processing.
- Count cash and close register at the end of shift. Print out shift report.
- Be available for opening/closing the store at the beginning or end of shift.
- Provide manager with consumer behavior and buying pattern updates.
- Answer the phone in a professional manner and kindly help customers/vendors/etc. with questions and concerns.
- Receive new inventory by tagging, labeling, measuring, hanging, steaming, and moving product onto the sales floor.
- Merchandising the store by placing items in the correct place, dressing/styling mannequins, maintaining décor, etc.
- Reduce shrinkage/theft by being observant at all times of the space and the merchandise.
- Assist in packaging and shipping product for on-line sales.
- Keep store neat and orderly by picking up merchandise off the floor, returning merchandise from dressing rooms to appropriate rack, folding merchandise on tables, etc.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and welcoming store by sweeping floors, wiping down counters, cleaning up messes/spills from customers, etc.
- Interact with customers, including the task of selling product to customers and ability to handle helping multiple customers at once.
- Take initiative and find ways to be productive at all times, even when not being directly supervised.
- Listen and learn quickly as well as adapt to new requirements/requests.
- Work kindly and respectfully with coworkers and managers, listen to direction, and complete requested tasks.
- Communicate in a professional and friendly manner both in-person and over the phone.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle cash and credit card transactions accurately.
- Detail oriented with merchandise processing.
- Desire to complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to use various computer programs for keeping information organized.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a boutique retail business environment in downtown Castle Rock, CO.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. Additionally, the position requires the ability to carry merchandise from location to location throughout the store. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items (such as boxes of merchandise) that weigh up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position of approximately 15-20 hours a week. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work will be required. Must be available at least two (2) weekdays a week (Monday-Thursday) and also two (2) weekends per month (Friday/Saturday day and evening. We are not open on Sundays). Compensation is expected to be between $16.50 and $18.00 per hour depending on experience and demonstrated capability.
No travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Previous retail or customer service experience preferred.
- Selling experience preferred.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position please save resume and cover letter as a PDF and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send e-mail with the following subject line Retail Sales Associate – [Your Name].