Retail Sales Associate
Women’s clothing boutique is seeking a retail sales associate for our downtown Castle Rock, CO store. This individual must take pride in their work and be professional, personable, and responsible. We are looking for someone who will have a high level of loyalty to our company and a passion for working with both our products and a variety of types of people. The successful candidate must be able to work well with people and provide high levels of customer service as well as be tactful and helpful to customers in selling fashion products. Additionally, this person must be capable of working with merchandise, including moving/lifting merchandise and reaching for merchandise stored in high and low places. The associate’s schedule must be flexible and have availability to work evenings and at least two Saturdays a month.
- Sell apparel, accessory, and gift products in-store while providing customers with an enjoyable experience and high levels of customer service.
- Assist customers with shopping, such as, personal styling, answering questions, locating items in-store, assisting them while trying on merchandise, etc.
- Be knowledgeable about the product offering, including brand details, sizing details, quality, etc.
- Complete purchases by having customers sign up for an account, make notes regarding customer shopping habits, wrap/bag purchases.
- Accept payments from customers, including cash handling and credit card processing.
- Count cash and close register at the end of shift. Print out shift report.
- Be available for opening/closing the store at the beginning or end of shift.
- Provide manager with consumer behavior and buying pattern updates.
- Answer the phone in a professional manner and kindly help customers/vendors/etc. with questions and concerns.
- Receive new inventory by tagging, labeling, measuring, hanging, steaming, and moving product onto the sales floor.
- Merchandising the store by placing items in the correct place, dressing/styling mannequins, maintaining décor, etc.
- Reduce shrinkage/theft by being observant at all times of the space and the merchandise.
- Assist in packaging and shipping product for on-line sales.
- Keep store neat and orderly by picking up merchandise off the floor, returning merchandise from dressing rooms to appropriate rack, folding merchandise on tables, etc.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and welcoming store by sweeping floors, wiping down counters, cleaning up messes/spills from customers, etc.
- Interact with customers, including the task of selling product to customers and ability to handle helping multiple customers at once.
- Take initiative and find ways to be productive at all times, even when not being directly supervised.
- Listen and learn quickly as well as adapt to new requirements/requests.
- Work kindly and respectfully with coworkers and managers, listen to direction, and complete requested tasks.
- Communicate in a professional and friendly manner both in-person and over the phone.
- Detail oriented with the ability to handle cash and credit card transactions accurately.
- Detail oriented with merchandise processing.
- Desire to complete tasks accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to use various computer programs for keeping information organized.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a boutique retail business environment in downtown Castle Rock, CO.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. Additionally, the position requires the ability to carry merchandise from location to location throughout the store. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items (such as boxes of merchandise) that weigh up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position of approximately 12-15 hours a week. Days and hours of work vary by schedule. Evening and weekend work will be required. Must be available at least two (2) weekdays a week (Monday-Thursday) and also two (2) weekends per month (Friday/Saturday day and evening. We are not open on Sundays.) Compensation is expected to be between $15.50 and $17.00 per hour depending on experience and demonstrated capability.
No travel is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Previous retail or customer service experience preferred.
- Selling experience preferred.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position please save resume and cover letter as a PDF and e-mail to email@example.com. Please send e-mail with the following subject line Retail Sales Associate – [Your Name].
Position Summary: Our women’s clothing in downtown Castle Rock, CO is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant. This individual must take pride in their work and be professional, personable, and responsible. The Administrative Assistant will assist the owners with a variety of tasks related to inventory management, merchandise orders, social media, and other tasks related to the operation of a boutique store. We are looking for someone who will have a high level of loyalty to our company and a passion for working with both our products and the owners and other employees. Must be available from approximately 10:30 – 3 either two or three weekdays, depending on the week. This part-time position will average 8 to 12 hours per week. During peak times or holidays, the administrative assistant may be asked to assist the retail associate; additional Saturday hours may be offered.
Management of Incoming/Outgoing Product:
-Assist with receiving and entering of new merchandise/re-stocks into BackOffice inventory system
-Assist in managing the inbound receipt of new product
-Assist with quality/quantity checking of new merchandise
-Package and ship back/resolve damaged merchandise received
-Keep paperwork organized (invoices, packing slips, etc.)
-Pickup/Dropoff shipments & orders at local UPS & USPS locations
-Pack and ship outgoing online orders, including gift boxing/wrapping
-Make local deliveries of online orders for Castle Rock & Castle Pines residents
-Assist in keeping currently inventory backstock managed and organized
-Assist with various sales channels and/or donating leftover inventory in a variety of capacities
-Upload product information and images to website
-Assist as needed with hanging and steaming merchandise
-Social media engagement to grow following/brand awareness
-Assist in preparing product & outfits for photoshoots for website and social media posts
-May be required to set up or assist with photography of new arrivals or posts for social media
-Print or pick up signage at local print shop or UPS
-Build gift boxes for use in store and for online shipments
-Pick up & prepare snacks, beverages, etc. before in-store events
-Research upcoming trends in fashion for our demographic/customer
-Order supplies as needed for the store
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
-Ability to be self-motivated and keep busy (i.e., self-starter)
-Proficient skills in using E-mail, typing, use of a computer, and cell phone (including Apps such as Facebook and Instagram)
-Willingness and ability to learn new tasks
Education and Experience:
-High school diploma or equivalent required
-Associates degree preferred
-1-2 years of experience in related field preferred (either retail or administrative work in a creative business)
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. Additionally, the position requires the ability to carry merchandise from location to location throughout the store as well as pickup/drop-off shipments at local UPS/USPS/FEDEX locations. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items (such as boxes of merchandise) that weigh up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. This job also requires prolonged use of a computer or a phone and sitting for extended periods of time.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
-This position operates in a boutique retail business environment in downtown Castle Rock, CO as well as in the owner’s home.
-This position has the potential for some work to be performed from employee’s home
-Some work requires a vehicle and your ability to drive in the Castle Rock/Castle Pines area
Limited travel around Castle Rock is required for this position. Candidate must have a reliable vehicle for running errands and making deliveries in Castle Rock/Castle Pines and the surrounding area.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This is not a retail sales associate position, so you are not required to be face-to-face with ou customers. There will be times that you will work in the store, rather the work required for this position is primarily ‘behind the scenes.’ During peak times or holidays, administrative assistant may be asked to assist the retail associate; additional Saturday hours may be offered.
To apply for this position please save resume and cover letter as a PDF and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send e-mail with the following subject line Administrative Assistant – [Your Name].